the friday company offers dance workshops and classes tailored to the New Zealand Dance Curriculum. Our friendly, experienced dance teachers will come to your school and work with you to create classes that are educational, inspiring and enjoyable for your students.
the friday company's Artistic Director, Brigitte Knight, is a NZ Registered Experienced Classroom Teacher with over ten years' experience teaching NCEA, Scholarship and Junior Secondary Dance. We offer a range of options for secondary school dance teachers, from one-off workshops to choreography for internal assessment.
- dance technique classes Years 9 - 13 / ballet / contemporary / Bollywood / hip hop / jazz / tap
- dance creative workshops Years 9 - 13 / improvisation / student choreography
- internal assessment Years 11- 13 /multiple sessions covering technique, choreography and assessment
- external assessment dance theory classes Years 11 -13 /ballet / contemporary / Bollywood / jazz
- extracurricular dance troupe choreography Years 9- 13
the friday company's tutors are experienced and enthusiastic, with performance expertise in their specialist genres. Let us inspire and educate your students through fun, safe and energising dance workshops.
- dance technique classes Years 3 - 8
- dance creative workshops Years 3 - 8
- extracurricular dance troupe choreography
the friday company can assist you in building and developing Dance at your school. Whether you'd like more confidence in facilitating creative dance, expertise in a new dance genre, or help with choreography we can help you to maximise your students' success and foster their love of dance. We also provide comprehensive resources and NCEA tasks.